Author Topic: Brad Bennett-70  (Read 22 times)

tennis23

• AorticDissection Forum
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Helping Others with Aortic Disease
Brad Bennett-70
« on: October 20, 2017, 11:17:53 AM »
Hello Brian. Enjoy your site very much. 2 years ago I collapsed in my bedroom with intense chest pain around 11 pm. My wife called an ambulance and they rushed me the local hospital here in Abbotsford BC. Once there they ran the usual tests for heart failure but could find no cause? I remained in pain and needed a lot of meds. After another Ct scan with still no answer they decided to hold me over night.

But one Dr on night shift, Dr Newton, sensed something wrong and called the Cardio center at Royal Columbian Hospital in New Westminster. There a Dr Daniel Wong asked for the scan and was certainly concerned, but even he was reluctant to have me sent over to his facility as it was 3 am and a team would be hard to get together. But Dr Newton was adamant, and insisted I should be sent immediately. He ordered an ambulance and I was sent to Royal so fast my wife could'nt keep up. Once there Dr Wong ran more tests and sure enough I was developing a full ascending aortic breakdown and had only hours to live!

Somehow Dr Wong got a team and I went into Emergency open heart surgery. Later the attending Dr told me my aorta was splitting right down the middle and they were able to remove it with just in time. They spliced in a plastic tube to replace it that ran from the top of my heart and down to the defending section. Quite a feat of surgery for Dr Wong.

I'm 74 now and leading a healthy life thanks to some very fine doctors. I was truly blessed that night.

Cheers. Brad Bennett
We are here to help.
Brian@aorticdissection.com
www.aorticdissection.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk